Wednesday, November 2, 2011

work

I am grateful for my job.

It gets really crazy, and seems to be stressful about 90% of the time, but I really am grateful for it.

My job has helped me grow. I've learned so many things. I've met so many amazing people. I've worked on so many awesome projects and events.

I feel so blessed to have a job that I enjoy, that I am good at, and that allows me to support our little family. I also feel blessed to work for a company with a true mission - whose objective is to spread truth and light into the world. I'm so grateful for the people I work with. I've made some terrific friends.

Although sometimes it's easy to get bogged down in the stress and business of the industry I'm in, today reminded me of the great things I'm helping to accomplish and how incredibly wonderful my job is.

Our little record label recently released a new album by Hilary Weeks. It's the best album from her yet, and I've found myself singing her songs in my head each morning when I wake up. [Seriously - it's really good.] Our music team has been making a big push to help Hilary's album debut on the Contemporary Christian Billboard Chart - a feat that we haven't achieved before. We knew it would be tough. The Christian Charts have never taken much notice to our little Mormon Indie label, but this morning, we opened the door. Hilary's album "Every Step" not only debuted at #6 on the Christian Chart, it also was the #1 Indie Album in the country this week and made it halfway into the Billboard Top 200 Chart [#102 to be exact.] Such. A. Big. Freaking. Deal. We've been celebrating all day.

I am so grateful that I not only get to work with amazingly talented people like Hilary Weeks, but that I also get to develop friendships with them, too. It's pretty cool, I know. [grin]

Some of the things I've been apart of at my job still amaze me.
And I'm so grateful for all of the incredible opportunities I've been given.

I am thankful to be employed.
I am thankful I know how to work hard.
I am thankful that I have learned how to solve really hard problems.
I am thankful for my boss. He's one of my favorite people.
I am thankful to know so many talented people who make my job possible.
I am thankful for the influence I have for good through my job.
I am thankful.

No comments: