Wednesday, November 30, 2011

my husband

I am so very thankful for Branson.

I'm quite a lucky girl.


I am thankful for Branson's laugh. It is hysterical. I love hearing it. I am grateful that I married someone funny. Laughter is so important to me, and I'm glad that my husband feels the same. He is always trying [and succeeding] to make me laugh.

I am grateful that he is a hard worker. Work ethic is a deal breaker for me, and I'm glad I've never had to question Branson's. He always pitched in. He cleans the bathroom. He does the dishes. He takes out the trash. He fixes our house. He built the chicken coop. He takes jobs seriously. He works hard, and I'm so thankful that we can work together - on little projects at home, remodeling our house, and, most importantly, in life. We work together in our marriage, in our family... in everything.

I am thankful that he studies so hard in school. The transition from two incomes to one [plus school expenses] has been a hard adjustment, but knowing that Brans is working hard in school, makes it worth it. He made the Dean's List. He's getting a 4.0 this semester. He aces his tests and essays. I love hearing him talk about what he learned, or about when he's the only one in his class that knows the answer to a question. I'm so proud of him and so pleased with the work he's doing and what he's learning.

I am thankful for the glimpses I get of how great of a dad he'll be someday. I love watching him interact with my siblings, with our niece and nephews, with neighborhood kids, with cousins. He's going to be a fantastic father someday. [No, this is not an announcement.]

I am thankful for our conversations. I love talking to him. I love hearing about his day. I love when he asks me about mine. Brans is super smart, and I am grateful for the intelligent conversations that we have. We talk about Politics. The Gospel. History. Sports. He just knows so much about so many different things. He's always saying, "did you know that..." and stating some obscure fact that I would never have even thought about before. I am so grateful that we can talk to each other, and that there's always something to say.

I am grateful for his strength. Branson is strong in so many ways. Physically. Spiritually. Mentally. Emotionally. He is just so strong. And I'm thankful for the inspiration that strength is to me. He brings me up. He makes me stronger.

I am thankful for his patience. I am thankful that he puts up with my quirks. My likes. My dislikes. My routines. He is pretty accommodating to me. He waits for me. He [sometimes] laughs at my not-funny jokes. He lets me do things the way I want to, even if they don't make sense. I am so grateful that he puts up with me.

I am grateful for the way he shows his affection for me. He's not overly-affectionate. Particularly in public. Which I am SO thankful for. But he lets me know he loves me each and every day. In little and big ways. I am thankful that he holds my hand. I am thankful that he loves to snuggle. That he kisses me every day. I am thankful for each time he tells me he loves me - both in word and in deed.

I am thankful that Brans is a worthy priesthood holder. I am thankful for the sweet blessings he's given me. For the little vial of oil he keeps on his key chain. For the memories and stories he shares from his mission. Watching him fulfill his callings. I am thankful that we pray together. I am thankful that we were married and sealed in the temple. I am so thankful that we share the same values and beliefs. I am so thankful for the priesthood he holds. I am so thankful that I get to see him exercise the power he holds. He's such a good, good man.


I am so thankful for Branson.
He truly completes me.
He makes me better.

I am so grateful for a wonderful, loving husband.
And for everything he does for me.

2 comments:

MandiScandal said...

this is my favorite posts so far. I love Reed/Branson! I'm glad you two are able to have such a wonderful marriage!

blair and maisy said...

A match made in heaven :)