Thursday, November 24, 2011

thanksgiving

I am grateful for Thanksgiving.

I love everything about it.

I am thankful that it brings families together.

I am thankful for the delicious food.

I am thankful for the annual football games.

I am grateful for turkey.

I am grateful for pies.

But most of all, I am grateful that Thanksgiving is all about being thankful.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It always has been. But lately, lots of people have wondered why. "Favorite? Even more than Christmas? "

Yes, even more than Christmas.

The attitude and sentiment around Thanksgiving is so different from every other holiday. People seem nicer and more cheerful. It isn't about presents. It isn't about surprises. It isn't even about making the most fantastic meal of the year.

Its about spending time with those you love and outwardly expressing your gratitude for them.

I am grateful for the ability to be grateful. I am thankful I was raised to say 'thank you' and mean it. I am grateful that God has so abundantly blessed me and the people I love.

Life is so wonderful.

I am so thankful.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I've loved all of your thankful posts, Shan. This one especially. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Brans - I love you!