Sunday, November 6, 2011

missionaries

I am thankful for missionaries.

And I am thankful that Mission Presidents allow missionaries to email their family once a week. I can't imagine what it was like to only get a mailed letter every once in a while during a family member's mission.

I am definitely not the best at emailing my brothers who are on missions, but I seriously treasure each email I receive from them.

I love watching them grow.
I love hearing them share their testimonies.
I love reading about their experiences.
I love their enthusiasm.

I'm blessed to have two brothers serving missions at the moment:

my brother Taylor, who's in England
and Blake, Branson's brother, who's in the Netherlands/Belgium.

They are both stalwart examples of what missionaries can and should be. I'm so pleased with their decisions to serve the Lord for two years. They are incredible young men. And though they both are pegged as 15 year old boys in my head, it is awesome to see them become men.

I'm grateful for the service missionaries everywhere render. I'm grateful for the blessings I've received from my brothers, dad and husband all serving honorable missions. I am grateful for the message they share and for their willingness to do so.

I am thankful for missionaries.
And their weekly [or so] emails.

1 comment:

*ehu. said...

Missionaries are pretty awesome! Most especially Blake! I think he's pretty fantastic and I miss him! He's so kind.