Saturday, November 26, 2011

mountains

I am thankful for mountains and their majestic beauty.

Yesterday, Brans and I went up into the High Uintah Mountains and cut down our Christmas tree. [Our tree is perfect. Just enough branches. Perfectly shaped boughs. The fresh smell of pine... everything is magnificent.] While driving to find our tree, I was simply soaking it all in. The fresh air. The wildlife. The forests. The meadows. The creeks. The rocks.

The beauty God created in mountains never ceases to amaze me.

They are so grand. They are so massive. They are so detailed. They truly are gorgeous.

I have always lived near mountains. They taught me which direction is north. They gave me a landmark. They formed the lovely valley which I call my home. I could pick out the silhouette of the Wasatch and Oquirrh ranges anywhere. I am so grateful I get to see them everyday.

The view from our bedroom is a straight-shot of Mount Olympus. It is my mountain. Its the peak my high school was named after. I've hiked to its top. And I wake and fall asleep to its majestic beauty every day.

I am so thankful God created such a beautiful terrain for us to live on and enjoy.

But I am especially thankful for the mountains. They are my home. And I am grateful that I have been blessed to live in such wonderful place.

1 comment:

Curtis said...

You're a wonderful writer Shanna, and I am grateful I can relate to your love of the Wasatch range. Especially Mt. Olympus. :)