Wednesday, November 23, 2011

brothers

I am so thankful for brothers.

I have a lot of them. And each of them is different, and so uniquely wonderful.

Growing up with five brothers very much shaped who I am. I am thankful for the influence and the example I got from my brothers. I love each of them more than words can express.



I am grateful for Austin. I have so many memories of when Austin and I were growing up. We would wrestle together, sing together, build Legos together. We had so much fun. I love Austin's super strong desire to always do the right thing. He is so service-oriented in everything he does, which is a quality I so admire. Austin is competitive and smart and goofy and talented. He is an awesome musician. He's a great cook and is just an all-around wonderful guy. I'm so thankful for him.

I am grateful for Taylor. No one in my life can make me laugh harder than Taylor can. He is hysterically humorous. Every time I think about Taylor, some memory floods my mind and makes me laugh right out loud. Taylor is one of those guys that life just comes easy to. He easily makes friends. He had a 4.0 gpa all throughout high school. Girls just flock to him. Taylor is charismatic and sweet and humble and ... did I mention funny? I love Taylor and am so grateful that he is my brother.

I am thankful for Bryson. Of all my brothers, Bryson and I are the most similar. We have the same temperament. The same sense of humor. We have so many of the same interests. Bryson is just a stud of a man. He is very smart. He is a super hard worker. I could listen to him sing all day long. I have loved watching him grow up and am so grateful for the friendship we've developed as he's grown older. I feel so honored that he asks me for advice. Bryson is talented and intelligent and passionate and awesome. I'm so thankful for him.

I am thankful for Tanner. I say this all the time, but Tanner is just so cool. He really is. He's super handsome and tall and athletic. Tanner used to be so shy and reserved and over the past few years, he's just come out of his shell and turned into this energetic, cool, talented kid. I love to tease him, but really, I think he's so smart and I'm amazed every day at how awesome he is. His voice is like an angel. He's good at anything he tries. Tanner is strong and helpful and clever and so, so cool. I'm very grateful that he's in my family.

I am grateful for Braden. Being the youngest brother has got to be a hard calling - he's had 4 older brothers setting the bar insanely high for him. But Braden is just good. He is just a really good kid. He is extremely creative. The ideas that come of of his head blow me away. He can make anything out of cardboard and duct tape. And little kids love him. I've loved watching his personality develop as he has grown. He is such as sweet boy. Braden is so unique and spunky and positive and adorable. I am so glad that he is my baby brother and am so thankful for him.


Having five brothers is fun. And I always thought no one could come close to them in my heart. But when I married Brans, the size allotted for brothers in my heart grew. I have loved getting to know Brad, Dane, Chad and Blake and am thankful for them, too.



I am grateful for Brad. I've enjoyed getting to know him over the past few years, and love having him around. I love how much he loves his kids. They are lucky to have him as their dad. Brad is funny. He is never afraid to tell you what he's thinking, and loves talking to people. When Brans worked for him, it seemed like he was on the phone all day long with Brad. I loved it. Brad is strong and works so hard to provide for his family. I'm so grateful for him.

I am grateful for Dane. Of all the family, I've spent the least amount of time with Dane and still, over three years after I married into the family, I feel like I'm still getting to know him. He's always just lived far away. But I am grateful for him. Dane is really smart. Every time we see him, he's teaching us something new. He's a very talented musician and is very thoughtful. I am grateful for him and for the time I do get to spend with him, even if it is few and far between.

I am thankful for Chad. Chad left on his mission a few months after we got married, so I didn't get to know him very well until he came home. But this past summer he lived with us, and I am so thankful that he did. I got to know him so well, and loved connecting with him like he had always been my brother. Chad is just darling. I love joking around with him. He's smart and funny and cool. I am grateful he calls me his sister and am so thankful that he's my brother.

I am thankful for Blake. Blake also lived with us for a summer, and during that summer, we bonded. Blake is a super helpful kid. His family likes to give him a hard time because he's the baby and seemingly had it much easier than the rest of them, but he is a hard worker and doesn't have to be asked to do something. He's the guy that sees a need and takes care of it. Blake is fun and energetic and has such a good heart. I love him and and thankful for him.



I love brothers. I love spending time with them. I love watching sports with them. I love talking and joking with them. I love being their sister.

I'm so grateful for my brothers. All nine of them.

No comments: