Thursday, November 3, 2011

convenience

I am grateful for modern conveniences.

Today when we got home, our power was out.
It's amazing how much I rely on electricity:

to charge my phone
to cook my dinner
to heat my home
to type this blog
to do my job
to curl my hair
to watch tv
to do anything in what would otherwise be the dark

I'm grateful to be alive now. I'm grateful for all of the wonderful technological advances in my lifetime. I'm grateful for the simple things I take advantage of everyday, like electricity, running water, washing machines and dryers, dishwashers... there are so many things to be thankful for.

I'm grateful God knew how much I would enjoy modern conveniences, and that He blessed me to live in a time where they are so prevalent. I probably wouldn't have been a very good pioneer. Sure, I would have adapted and learned to deal with my surroundings, but it just seems like it would have been so hard.

I am so thankful for convenience.

No comments: