Friday, January 23, 2009

reading

I have become mildly obsessed with reading blogs.

For no reason other than I love reading. There's just something about reading well-written passages, whether they be about the conversion of black heels to tractor wheels, tales of hope and love after a devastating plane crash, or the joys of potty-training.
I love me a good story.

I could spend hours and hours every day reading the beautiful and eloquent things people all over the world write about the happenings in their lives.

Sometimes I laugh.
Sometimes I cry.
Sometimes I giggle with vicarious giddy.

And most other times, I just want more.

I have always loved to read. I remember a few times as a child being bribed to socialize a little more and pull my nose out of books that a child shouldn't able to read and understand. But, you see, by the fourth grade, I was already on a 12th grade reading level.

I distinctively remember in second grade having to read books by myself in class, while every other student was placed into a reading level group to read aloud their level-appropriate stories. And there I was: sitting at my little desk, engrossed in my 200 page novel.

I have always loved reading. I will always love reading. I get involved in stories until I'm completely consumed. And when those stories end... I am left wanting, wishing there was more.

And so, blogging world, I gratefully thank you for the words you share with me, and beg you to never let them stop.

And I, in turn, promise to never stop reading.

2 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

ya reading rocks!

Erica said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Shan! :o) I hope you know that I love reading your blog, too. It's so organic, so lyrical. Every time I read your posts it's like I'm reading a song. So fitting for you!! I love you so much and I was so happy to see you today!