Thursday, January 29, 2009

facts

i believe there is no better flavor of icecream than vanilla.

regardless of how mind-numbing some people say tv is, i could sit and watch certain shows for hours, turning into days, or weeks even.
there's something to be said for good television writers.
jj abrams is a genius.

i could eat chips and salsa for every meal.

sometimes i wish that we had more money - we could remodel our house, travel the world, etc... but then in pitiful economic times such as this, i think,
we don't have much money to lose,
and i am grateful for the security i get in knowing that.

i am not much of a movie critic. i am easy to please. 9 out of 11 movies entertain me.

i am very good at teaching myself how to do things. all i need is a picture or to see a finished product of something, and i can usually replicate it - be it food, crafts or whatever.

i absolutely love fixing meals. since brans and i got married, i've had to learn how to lessen the portions of things - i used to cook for 10! the transition to 2 has left us with a lot of leftovers sometimes. (which in some cases is just fine, but branson is very picky about what should and should not be left over. its made it a little more difficult.) but i am quickly mastering the art of cooking for two.

i have the slowest growing toe and finger nails of all humankind. don't believe me? ask my mom.

i honestly had the most perfect wedding day in recorded history. cinderella and princess di were probably even jealous as they watched from heaven. and i'm not the only one that thinks so. ask anyone in attendance.

i read the last harry potter book, harry potter and the deathly hallows, in 6 hours and 12 minutes.

the first solid food i ever ate was a dill pickle. when i was only months old, my dad was watching me one evening, and to get me to stop crying, he stuck a pickle in my mouth and i shut right up.

i am not ashamed to admit that i love the twilight series. no, i don't think its a cult. no, i don't wish branson were more like edward. but yes, i do thoroughly enjoy the books.

i am bossy. but that comes with being the oldest of eight children. better me than one of my brothers. and for the record, i believe my bossiness has helped shape my siblings into the wonderful people they are. so they owe me.

i like all the vegetables people typically hate: broccoli, spinach, beets, ooh! and i can eat onions like apple.

i have an affinity to hershey's kisses. particularly the trios.

one of our favorite activities as a family is watch 'wheel of fortune' and 'jeopardy' weeknights before or after dinner (depending on when we get home and when dinner's ready... secret: sometimes we watch during dinner.) and i have to say that i rock at 'wheel of fortune' - i can guess almost every clue before most of the letters are up. and brans rocks at jeopardy. my husband is chock full of random knowledge. a commonly heard phrase in our house is "here's an interesting fact..."

an onion made me cry for the first time in my life three weeks ago. never before that.

i have a goal to learn how to tune a piano sometime in my life. and i'm going to do it. never an out of tune piano in my house.

i have a phobia of ice cream trucks.

i can sightread any piece of music placed in front of me. its a gift that i've had since a was really little. my brain processes written music as simply as reading a book.

i can fit into a children's size shoe - i currently wear boots that are a child size 13. and i'm only mildly embarrased about it.

i am not a great swimmer. i prefer wading or floating on some man-made device. i think i'm mildly afraid of drowning. my siblings all had swimming lessons, but i only remember one or two individual classes. i think i could swim to save my life, but i just would prefer to remain on the sides of a pool. i get that from my mom, who got it from her mom. apparently it runs in the family.

my imagination is very active. perhaps even over-active.

i could not be more excited to be a mother. our little family won't be getting bigger any time soon (i promised my brother austin that he wouldn't become an uncle while he was on his mission... so we've still got a year and a half at least before kids enter the scene.) but i'm excited to have kids. i hope i will be a great mom.

7 comments:

Camille said...

If I need a piano to practice tuning I have one for you!

Kiley said...

I love it! Shan, I absolutely agree with you on the vanilla thing - why does there need to be any other flavor of icecream, I wonder? And, p.s. . . . you're amazing! At piano, at food-making, at crafting - every day I wish I was more like Shanna! If only I were so lucky . . .

Rob & Jess said...

Hey Shanna! I love your blog - check out ours at freakingoodtimes.blogspot.com!


Jess & Rob

Megan said...

Oh Shanna, I miss you terribly. You will be an excellent mom, remember all those times you took care of us lonely and lost souls after musical practices? You'll be great.

PS: Branson has a doppleganger in Logan.

Frances said...

I love this post! you are so cute! Also... I need details about the cake! call me soon!

blair and maisy said...

You are so talented in so many areas. And I still need to read that last Harry Potter, so it'll only take me half a day, right?

Elisabeth Taylor said...

cute post!