Monday, July 18, 2016

golden's one month


 Somehow, Goldie is already one month old
[and it kind of makes me want to cry a little...]

Aren't baby yawns the cutest thing?!

Golden is:

... a good sleeper. Most nights, she'll give me a nice 4 or 5 [occasionally, even six!] hour stretch between feedings. Spoiled, I know.

... such a calm baby with such a sweet disposition. She is hardly ever fussy - an occasional squawk when she needs to eat or be changed - but she is usually relaxed and so pleasant. She's so consolable and patient.

... a snuggler. She loves to be right close to my heart. Her favorite position is rolled up like a potato bug on my chest. I love it. So very much. 

... smiley. Her smile warms my heart. And she has the cutest little dimple on her left cheek! It's adorably endearing.

... reminding us so much of Afton. Her little sounds, the faces she makes, her smile - it's like she already wants to be just like her older sister. [Which I actually thought from the moment they wheeled me into an emergency c-section to deliver her... She wanted to come just like her sister, apparently. And when I saw her face for the first time while in the operating room, I thought I was having deja vu, she looked so much like Afton. It blew my mind!]



[Afton seemed to grow a few years worth overnight. Isn't she big!?]

And Afton is such an adoring older sister. 
Oh, how we love these darling girls!




Flashback: 
Afton's One Month


No comments: