Friday, July 30, 2010

good life

My house is a mess.
I haven't done the dishes since Monday.
I haven't made dinner since Monday, either
- Which makes me feel like a bad wife.
- Not because I believe women should always make dinner
- But because I love making dinner for my husband. Love it.
- And I know he appreciates it, too.
I have clean clothes sitting in a laundry basket next to my bed
- Unfolded.
And piles of dirty laundry that I don't want to talk about.
B's camping stuff is in the middle of our living room,
- And hasn't moved in 2 weeks.
Our swamp cooler has made our house feel damp,
- Though we appreciate the coolness.
I worked super long hours everyday this week.
- And next week will be worse.

My piano is in tune and every note works.
I can't stop listening to this
- It fills me with the desire to twirl.
I have eight, yes, 8 wedding announcements on my fridge.
- One of which, I was not expecting to be invited to
- But truly couldn't be more excited about.
Chad comes home from his mission in only a matter of days.
We've seen really great movies lately
- Inception=Awesome.
Soon, Disneyland will wash all my cares away.

I keep waiting for life to slow down, but it isn't.
But days like today
- Days when I laugh uncontrollably with friends
- Hold hands with my husband
- Have fun with my family
- And still manage to work hard, too.
These are the days that remind me that
- Life is good.

Regardless of the piles of dishes, laundry, check-lists and problems:
I have a great life
- Surrounded by people that I love, who love me back.
And right now
- That's the only thing I need.

6 comments:

Kiley said...

Inception was good, wasn't it? And who cares about the piles of laundry (although it would unnerve me a bit maybe) - I have to remind myself that it's the memories that count - those moments with friends and the piano. I love your guts!

Kadee said...

I REALLY MISS YOU!!! When will I ever see you again?

Leigh said...

Couple things:

- could you do my laundry for me once you get a sec? My dryer now has this nasty habit of burning black marks in my clothes. It's the worst. ;)

- can I stow away in your car to go to the Disneyland? Seriously.

- aren't you excited for LDSBA? Because I AM

P.S. you're awesome.

the end

Brad & Mary said...

Amen sister!

Megan said...

I hope it wasn't my wedding announcement you didn't expect to get. You were one of the first friends on my list! :) I'm glad life is good despite the laundry. I miss you!

e.m. said...

so. you know how i saw you. and you told me you read my blerg - well, i stalk you back. cool?

oh, and movies are only worth seeing when you get to see awesome people there.