Wednesday, April 14, 2010

taxes

Our taxes are officially filed and paid in full.

Thank you, President Obama/The Government, for moving us from comfortably lower-middle class to just lower class. Really appreciate it.

Oh, and you're welcome, People-of-America-Who-Now-Can-Have-Health-Insurance. I'm pretty sure our taxes just paid for a family of 12.

Don't worry: Bitterness towards the matter will conclude April 16th at 7:30am, whereupon I've decided not to dwell on it, and will only be bitter should we have to pay so much next year.

4 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

ya well we aren't in the lowest tax bracket anymore so we paid for like 4 families! it totally bugs

Leigh said...

boo for taxes, and Obama. And Turbo Tax commercials.

Martha said...

Hi Shanna,
2 things:
Health Insurance reform passed a month ago...taxes you paid for 2009 are completely unrelated.

Secondly an insured (publicly or privately) family of 12 is cheaper for you than one that is uninsured and using emergency rooms for casual, basic care.
You could continue to fund it like you did in 2009: through all the taxes that fund public hospital write-offs, and through the ridiculous insurance premiums (directly impacted by the cost of paying for the uninsured) you either pay directly or your employer withholds from you compensation.

I'm not debating or defending the merits of the health plan, but it sounds like you are paying more taxes on more money earned-- which is a very different situation from what you described above.

Sarah said...

Don't you just love paying taxes?! However, I must say, whenever I travel to Mexico - and almost die in some calamitous (sp?) accident, I am always grateful for the police, the roads, and the taxes in the good ol' USA! ;)

I am pretty sure my taxes go towards things I don't support....just like I'm sure my tithing goes straight to BYU. It's the same concept. hahaha