Tuesday, April 13, 2010

birthday celebrations

I've had a lovely week full of birthday celebrations.

To kick things off, the in-law gals took me to dinner and a movie. We had a delicious meal at Chili's and then saw "The Bounty Hunter" - Hilarious! There were a few times during the movie that Kendyll and I looked at each other while laughing to see tears streaming down each other's faces. So funny! It was such a lovely evening. I love spending time with Shannon, Kendyll and Jenee - They are some of my favorite people!

I also had a delightful lunch with a plethora of favorite co-workers at The Olive Garden. Don't worry, they convinced the 3 Tenors (aka waiters) to sing "Happy Birthday" to me, italian style. It's so nice to have such great co-workers. I have definitely developed so many wonderful friendships here. I love it! It's awesome when you can look forward to coming to work, because there are so many friends there to greet you every day. (Sidenote: one of my favorite co-workers was out of town for the co-worker lunch, so she took me to lunch yesterday. I seriously have the best friends.)

My family (including Grandma, our basically adopted brother Alex, and Bash's adorable girlfriend, Aubrie) came over for a birthday celebration dinner, full of Cafe Rio-esque burritos (so good!) and the best lemon cake I've ever made. Seriously, folks - it was incredible. And after we'd stuffed ourselves with dinner and cake and ice cream, we enjoyed several rousing rounds of the game Pit (a family favorite). Highlights: Everyone ganging up on Bryson because he kept willing. Aubrie and I may or may not have looked at his cards and purposefully kept the one he needed to win. I love the fact that my family loves to play games with each other. We always have so much fun together.

On the actual birthday, Branson planned out the whole day - and did a mighty fine job, I might add. (Though he kept it all a secret... throughout the day I would ask, "What's next?" or "What are we doing after breakfast?", etc. And he wouldn't tell me.) He got up and make breakfast for me, took me shopping for a new pair of shoes, scheduled couples massages ahead of time (soooo nice) and then whisked me away to Park City for the afternoon.

He had heard that the curator (Bob Santelli) of the Grammy Museum in LA was going to be in town, giving a lecture and displaying an exhibit all about music, and (correctly) thought that I would be interested in that. I have to admit, I was a little shocked by the thoughtfulness of it all. We loved the lecture - and Bob Santelli even gave a shout out to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! (When he did, I leaned over to Brans and said, "I'm considering that a birthday shout out to me, since the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is part of my job." Awesome.)

After the lecture and scoping out the exhibit, we walked up and down Main Street window shopping and looking in all the art galleries. It was such a lovely day - perfect weather. To conclude the evening, we went and tried out a new sushi place in Sandy called Fugi's. Delicious. I love sushi. Can't get enough. It was such a perfect day. Brans is so good to me.

Tonight, I'm going to dinner with Miss Sarah. I'm very excited. Haven't seen her in a while, and I'm sure we have a lot of catching-up to do. And Thursday, it's dinner and the temple with Nick and Kadee, with italian sodas to celebrate my birthday.

It has definitely been a fantastic birthday week. Everyone has been so nice to me and I can't express how truly grateful I am for all of the fabulous people in my life. I'm filled to the brim with thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Pit, but I have heard of The Great Dalmuti (excuse the spelling). Your family (cousins included) introduced me to so many new things my first year of college. I could not have asked to know a better group of people. :)

Kiley said...

Wow - what a celebration! I love it!

P.S. Happy Birthday again to you!