Friday, January 1, 2010

a new year

2009 flew by way too fast. But I am welcoming 2010 with open arms.

2009 was a good year - there were hard times and happy times (as with most years, I'm finding). But some great things happened: Branson started a new job. My job got really crazy and stressful... several times. We spent a lot of time with family and friends. Brans and I celebrated one year of marriage. Our nephew Jack was born. Branson's brother Dane married Jenee. We remodeled our bathroom. We grew closer to each other.

So many experiences, some too special to share.

But 2010... Gosh. I remember December 31, 1999 - It was surreal to think that in just a few hours it would be 2000. No more Nineteen-Nineties. Two Thousand was here. 2005 came quickly thereafter. And in 2008 I was planning a wedding, thinking 2010 still seemed so far away.

And now it's here. And I've decided to make it a fantastic year.

I'm going to handle stress better.
I'm going to be more faithfully diligent.
I'm going to serve more.
I'm going to make time for myself.
I'm going to be a better wife.
I'm going to get in shape.
I'm going to keep a journal.
I'm going to be a better friend.
I'm going to laugh.
I'm going to learn to sew well.
I'm going to keep a house of order.
I'm going to be happy.
I'm going to have lots of fun.

Happy New Year.

No comments: