Monday, March 9, 2009

draper temple open house

this past weekend, our family had the opportunity to go to the open house for the draper temple. it was beautiful. we all loved it.
it was quite an experience, as well. for the first time in our family's history, we all stood in the temple together, with austin there in spirit, i'm sure. it was a great spiritual experience for our family. the decor was beautiful, and the chandeliers were breathtaking. but the best moment of all was standing in the celestial room with 6 of my 7 siblings, my husband, and my parents. we just stood there for several minutes, taking it all in.

we are so lucky to know that our family can be together forever and that we have a heavenly father who loves each of us.

the spirit in the temple was so strong. i wish i could capture the feeling and put it in a bottle to carry around with me. and then i remember all the times i've felt the spirit so strongly... and i realize how often that really is. i feel blessed to be able to differentiate that feeling in my daily doings. lucky for me, i was given the gift of the holy ghost at a young age and have learned well - thanks to my superior examples i like to call mom and dad.

have i mentioned that i have the best family? well, i do.
man, i'm lucky.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Beautiful post, Shan! We went to the Open House last Friday and I agree...it was breathtaking to see everything. Glad you guys had a lovely time together :o)

A said...

Sounds gorgeous! I think its awesome your fam all got to go together! What a neat experience!