Tuesday, October 7, 2008

letdown

another year. another october. another major league baseball playoff letdown.
.. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
the angels had probably their best season ever, but they just couldn't handle the playoffs. their defense was weak - way too many little league moments in the outfield. but they did play hard... there were some shining moments when i was nothing but proud. but boston - they just have all the playoff experience. its all too familiar too them, and the pressure is nothing new. unfortunately, that isn't the case for my angels.

so now, i'll watch the red sox play the rays... and i'll hope that the red sox smash them. (mostly for jacoby's sake) and then i will witness joe torre's revenge. i'm putting money on the dodgers taking the world series this year. and with all my heart i hope they do. it will be a phenomenal blow to the yankees - - - the yankees let joe torre loose because he wasn't winning the world series in recent years. but what's the first thing joe torre does? take the dodgers to the playoffs... and hopefully to win the series. take that, steinbrenner!

..
in other news, we saw forever strong last night. and may i just say - it was fantastic! definitely a must-see! i loved it. so did brans and so did his mom. we all had a lovely time. and it was awesome to recognize people on the big screen. some kids from olympus were in it. pretty cool. branson got sick of me saying, "i know him! ooh! and i know him! ..." moral of the story: rubgy is most definitely a man's sport. i've seen my fair share of byu rugby games as well as an occasional highland rugby game and it is intense! so while i wallow in the fact that angels baseball is over until next year, i'll reminisce about rugby games and enjoy the domination of byu and utah football. hopefully both teams will go undefeated until the rivalry at the end of november. yes, that would be fantastic! and then max hall and his posse will let loose on the utes.

oh how i love sports in autumn!

1 comment:

Haslam said...

Ok... I know I aready shared this but I love it too! who was in it from oly? I knew a lot of people but they were from the U of U and tim knew like the whole cast but I did not see anyone from Oly but i want to know so when I see it again, which I gaurantee I will I want to look for them. I was also so sad about the angels. They play so well in regular season and how many times did they beat boston this year alone? but when it comes to the playoffs we just kinda crumbled, minus the 3rd game! Danh. Next year! Oh and it would be just great if both teams went undefeated but I am sorry but I think it will be louie sakoda that will unload on max hall and the team. JK shanna.... We can still be friends! love ya!