Monday, July 7, 2008

new job

as with the rest of the new chapter in our lives, i also started a new job today! i am the executive assistant to the music department at deseret book. pretty exciting! today was my first day and it went rather well. i have big shoes to fill and am a little overwhelmed at all that i am in charge of, but i am completely excited and ready (or not here i come...) for the new challenge.

hooray for good changes and moving on to bigger and better things. it will be a good thing. my view consists of the western spires of the temple, the shiny top of the tabernacle, and the eastern spires of the assembly hall. who could ask for better?! it is truly amazing and i am blessed to work with such wonderful surroundings.

hopefully i'll get into the swing of things in no time. i'll sure it will be fine. and i am thrilled with the change from what seemed like eternal boredom at my previous job. the fast-paced environment is quite welcome! not to mention the fantastic people i work with - with sheri dew as the president of your company... honestly... as good as it gets!

so i'm jumping in and doing my best. good luck to me!

11 comments:

Erica said...

Good luck!! You'll do great! :o)

Aubrey Claybrook said...

Shanna I love your blog...and hope all is well! Take care!

Haslam said...

Hey Shanna! That is awesome. How lucky are you? That sounds like a great opportunity. Enjoy!

Melinda said...

Congrats on the new job! I'm sure Russ will miss you

Lauren Davison said...

YOU GOT IT! bravo! That is so fantastic! And I must say, I'm jealous. I'm still trying to decide what kind of job I want. :)

Kiley said...

Buena Suerte! I'm so proud of you . . . and what a perfect job for you! Way to go Shanna!

Christie said...

I'm glad you blog since my Shanna updates through Russ will be less frequent. Good luck!

Brad & Mary said...

Congrats Shan! What a perfect job for you. Have fun with it.

Jenn said...

Good luck. You will be fabulous!

blair and maisy said...

Sometimes it's just time for a change. Good luck with the new position!

Elder Samuel Bennett said...

Do you have Prince Albert in a can?