Monday, July 28, 2008

glimpse of the future...

friday night my cousins wendy, dan and newborn ava stayed at our house. it was fun to have company, and apparently all the middle-of-the-night cries and screams from the newborn weren't enough to wake me or branson.

saturday morning, we woke up and had breakfast together. and as soon as we were done eating, dan and wendy took on the task of cleaning our house - dan did the dishes while wendy vacuumed every room they set foot in. it was really sweet, and also unecessary of them... but appreciated nonetheless.

but during the cleaning, someone had to hold ava. so wendy handed her over to brans, who welcomed the baby into his arms. i was slightly jealous - holding babies is one of my favorite things! and brans wouldn't give her up! but after a few minutes... i just sat back and watched. seeing him holding that cute little thing - i think tears of joy may have glazed my eyes.

i wish i got a picture! it was one of those times, that for a moment, i had a glimpse of the future. someday, a long someday from now, its going to be our newborn baby branson will be holding. it was so cute to see how he held her close and rocked her to sleep. i couldn't help but smile.

just one of those times... i'm excited for the future.

3 comments:

Jamie and Tom said...

Hey! I'm totally with you on that one! Whenever I see tom playing with little kids (which is whenever there is a single kid anywhere in sight.. he's right there with them) it is just the cutest thing! It is exciting to know that they're gonna be good dads one day! It makes me happy they take interest in children. I'm with ya on the Long ways away thing too! haha they're cute, but I'm willing to wait a few years..

Kiley said...

Me too! I'm excited to see a little Shanna and a little Branson. What fun you guys will have!

Erica said...

That's adorable! I actually have a picture of Stan at our wedding holding Brindy. And now she's all grown up! So cute!