Thursday, February 6, 2014

introducing miss afton



On January 6th, we welcomed the most perfect, beautiful little darling into the world. 
It was a long, hard, emotional day... 
but after a full day of labor, four hours of pushing, 
an emergency C-Section and many, many happy tears, 
little miss Afton Marie was here. And our lives changed for ever.

There's so much to update... so many stories and experiences... 
but I'm having a hard time doing anything 
other than snuggling this precious little love 
[and changing diapers] so the details will have to wait.

Suffice it to say, Afton is beautiful. 
Healthy. Strong. Smart. Smiley. And essentially perfect.




And I'm figuring out this new life, and new priorities. 
And recovering [yes, still... it's been slow]. 
But I love being a mom to this little angel. 
I've waited my whole life for this. 

And we're so, so happy.

2 comments:

Camille said...

When I had Erin I was in labor all night, at the hospital for 4 hours (a lot of it pushing,) and last minute emergency c-section. Not the most fun plan, but the results were good for both of us though, so maybe it was all worth it after all :)

Allison Mathews said...

What a beautiful post--and a beautiful baby! I'm so happy for you, Shanna! Hopefully the recovery will continue to go smoothly, as well as the transition. Becoming a mom was a lot harder than I expected--but even more fulfilling as well. It's definitely the best job in the world. :)