Sunday, January 1, 2012

new


I'm having a hard time believing it's 2012...
[It seems like it just barely rolled over to 2000, 
and it was such a big ordeal to start dating things 
20xx instead of 19xx. Weird.]

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of fun for us. 
[More on that soon, I promise.] 
And we're so grateful for 
all of the goodness in our lives. 
We are so very blessed.


2011 was good and hard.

We cut our income in half and 
Brans went back to school full time.
He also made the Deans list a few times, 
and this past semester pulled a 4.0. 
Yes, I am a very proud wife.

We celebrated three years of marriage.
And each year just gets better than the last.

We got chickens.
We have named each of them.
[Pepper, Sophie, Sulley, Buttercup, Dora, 
Hedwig, Archimedes,Ruby, Rocky II, Rosie, Tina,
Kelloggs and She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named]
Yes, we can both keep them straight.
And we're getting about 10 eggs every day.
[Do you need some? Please?]

We got caught up in Jimmer-Mania this year,
watching every BYU basketball game,
and loving every minute.
And, just a couple months ago,
we met Jimmer.
I helped at a photo shoot we did with him 
for a work project.
I may have tied his tie.
[Double Windsor, of course.]
And I may have sat ridiculously 
close to him on a couch. 
[Don't worry. Brans was there, too.]
It was awesome.

We spent a month [and by 'we' I mean "me']
depending on Brans and my mom to take care of me
while I recovered from Carpal Tunnel surgery.
Feeding. Dressing. Other -ings.
It was hard.
And I was, and still feel, humbled.
But now my hands are doing very well.
90%, I'd say. It's amazing.

We bought a new car.
The first "our" car of our marriage.

Brans was heavily involved in Scouts.
I worked a lot. A lot.

We've been reflecting and resolving and,
while we're grateful for the past year;
for the good times and bad, 
for the trials and blessings...
We're ready for a new year.


I'm sure 2012 has new adventures in store for us.
And, while I could list off all of the goals
I'd like to accomplish in the next 365 days,
I'd rather just tell you this:

I'm going to be better in 2012.
In as many ways as I possibly can.

May this upcoming year bring
more laughter, many memories,
and so much love.

Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Welcome back, my friend. Sure have missed you.

Kiley said...

Happy New Year to you too!

MandiScandal said...

i love this! and i love you. I like your summary of your goals.