Wednesday, April 11, 2012

birthday

I've had a fun time celebrating my birthday and Easter.
I love when they fall in the same week.
(none of this "Easter in March" business...)

Here are some of the sights from our week of celebration:
We enjoyed lots and lots of delicious food.
Goldenrod for Easter breakfast
Easter candy, of course
Rib-eye steak, garlic potatoes, candied carrots and creamed spinach
Lemon Raspberry birthday cake 

 I was showered with gifts all week long.
More Easter candy
Lots of thoughtful presents and cards
A beautiful orchid from Brans
and my siblings helped us work in the yard
(This is Tanner and Braden pulling down a tree)

One of my favorite things from this past week
is the arrival of baby chicks in our flock!
We love these baby chicks.
We have 8 chicks, 2 of each breed:
Marans, Black Sex Link, Golden Sex Link, Silver Laced Wyandottes
They are so much fun!
We have a broody hen that has taken to them 
and has become a very protective mother. It's working out perfectly.

With the blossoms in our yard,
the massive yard clean up we've been undertaking
and the addition of baby chicks,
it definitely feels like Spring.

It's no wonder why April is my favorite month.

1 comment:

Kiley said...

happy easter and happy birthday! oh, how i love my shanna!