Sunday, January 23, 2011

a few things

Remember that one time when I resolved to be better about updating this blog slash journal after the new year?

Remember that one time when I failed?

It's been a busy month. They all are busy.

But January has been full of:

...various Church things for both of us
...lots of Saturday morning Scout meetings
...cleaning and getting more organized after the holidays
...getting back into the swing of things with Branson back in school
...making a wedding cake for one of my favorite people
...seeing lots of old friends
...closely following a budget
...finding rats in our house
...hosting family parties
...learning to manage all aspects of life better
...cleaning out my closet and giving all of
my favorite clothes to my sister Brindy
...cutting seven inches off of my hair

(truth: Brans cut my hair. It took lots of trust and a little bit of coaching while closely watching every movement in the mirror, but it looks pretty good. Simple, but good. Brans said, "It's not that hard to cut a straight line..." ha ha Yes, I love my husband. And now I apparently trust him with my hair. If you know me well, you know that that is a big deal, since I rarely even let professionals cut my hair. I usually do it myself.)

...discovering Branson's hidden talent of being a silversmith
...losing 10 pounds since Christmas
...buying a new car - a fully loaded 2010 Subaru Impreza.

(Don't worry, we didn't buy an Outback. We're not t h a t trendy.)



It's been an exciting new year thus far!


5 comments:

Kiley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kiley said...

RATS?! I didn't hear that story! So sorry for you. Way to go on losing 10 pounds - you really looked good on Saturday! And a new car . . . fun!

Kendyll said...

Wow this post makes me feel like I haven't seen you in ages! I miss you and I can't believe I didn't know half of the stuff that was going on... what kind of sister am I? Jeez, I need to step up my game. :) Love you.

Lauren Davison said...

Sometimes Kirby will jokingly (I think...) suggest that he could just cut my hair... Hmmmm. I'm not sure I'm quite there yet. Way to go Branson! :)

Christine said...

Silversmith? Do tell!